to Report a UFO Sighting
1) Start with the exact date and time.
2) List all witnesses' names, addresses,
and phone numbers. Also provide ages and occupations when possible.
3) Give your exact location at the time of
the sighting. Street address, city, state, country.
4) Describe the weather. Was it sunny?
Overcast? Raining? A clear night? Full moon?
5) In what part of the sky was the UFO
located? North, South, East, West? On the horizon or straight overhead or
somewhere in between?
6) Did the UFO move? How far and how fast?
Describe its movements in detail.
7) Describe the appearance of the UFO:
shape, size, distance, color, texture, sound. Draw a picture of it.
8) Describe the area in which you made the
sighting. Is it near an airport? An Air Force Base? A military or research
installation of any kind?
9) Write a narrative describing what
happened in your own words, just as it occurred.
10) If there were other witnesses, have each of them write their own report, without consulting with each other. Have one person collect all of the sighting reports.
11) If you wish to report the sighting to
your local authorities or to the military, then do so. Remember, distribute only
copies of reports or photos. Do not give the originals to anyone.
12) Contact either your nearest UFO Group
or UFO Investigator (there are 87 active British UFO Groups and Organisations at
present). In the past, people in the UK have been advised to contact the MOD
(Ministry of Defence) but judging by their latest comment in the UK news that
they are no longer interested in UFO cases, I wouldn't bother! Alternatively,
you could always contact UFO Magazine,
who are always interested in sightings around the World. If your in the US, try
contacting your nearest MUFON investigator.